Last updated: 25th May 2018
Thank you for trusting us with some information about you. We take that trust seriously, and we want you to know how we use your information and why.
If you have queries about how we use your data, or comments or questions about this Policy, please do email us at email@example.com.
Policy updates: We keep this Policy under regular review, and this page may be updated from time to time. Please come back here to check the latest version.
WHO ARE WE?
Mucho and GetMucho are trading names of The Cook-In Company Limited, an English company (number 08373811) with registered office at 12 Gough Square, 3rd Floor, London, EC4A 3DW.
WORDS WITH SPECIFIC MEANINGS
In this Policy, there are words and phrases that have a specific meaning or that we are using in a special way. They are:
“personal data” any information about an identifiable living human being.
“process” we “process” your personal data when we do anything with it, which might include: collecting, recording, organising, storing, adapting, altering, retrieving, using, combining, disclosing, or deleting it.
“special category data” means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sex life or sexual orientation, health, genetic or biometric data.
“Services” the use of our applications and associated websites, on whatever devices.
WHAT THIS POLICY DESCRIBES
Our general approach to personal data
We’re committed to protecting your privacy, and honouring your legal rights to control how we use your personal data.
We only collect and use personal data when we need to
- because you have asked to access and use our Services;
- so that we can fulfil your requests;
- so that we can reply to queries or complaints;
- to develop and manage our business relationships;
- to help grow our business and fulfil our contracts;
- to meet our legal obligations.
Basis of processing personal data: when you sign up to receive marketing communications from us, we process your data on the basis of your consent so as to send you the material requested. Other processing of personal data described in this Policy, in particular when you sign up to become a User of our Services, is (i) because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between us; or (ii) so that we comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject; or (iii) where it is necessary for our legitimate interests in maintaining and developing our business.
Children: We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13, nor allow them to use the Services. Those aged 13-17 may visit and browse the information on our websites with parental permission, but may not register an account or submit personal data. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal data from your child without your consent, please notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete such personal data promptly.
We’ve split this Policy into sections.
Section A is for everyone.
Section B describes the information we collect with respect to people who are using our Services, and how and why we use it.
Section B includes our Cookies Policy
Section C is for suppliers and other business contacts.
Section A: For everyone
Whoever you are, our intention is to use your information to make things work smoothly for you in your experience of dealing with The Cook-in Company Ltd. If that’s not how it turns out for you, please make sure to let us know, and you can do this by emailing email@example.com.
We try to make sure the information we hold is accurate and up to date, and is no more than we need to have.
Your rights: You can check the information we hold about you by emailing us and asking, and if you find anything wrong we will delete it or correct it promptly. For a detailed description of other rights relating to our processing your data, please see the Information Commissioner’s guidance and get in touch to ask us to do what you want.
If we can’t sort it out, the official authority here in the UK is the Information Commissioner, and you can raise your concerns with them here.
Links to other websites: We may link to third party websites. That is for your convenience but is not an endorsement by Mucho. Your use of those websites is governed by the terms and privacy policies for those websites and is not Mucho’s responsibility.
Data retention: When it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data, it will be deleted or made anonymous in a safe and permanent manner or access to it will be blocked to the extent that statutory data retention requirements apply.
Data is stored securely on protected equipment, and we only allow access to those having a good reason to do so. Because email and the internet are not completely secure, we cannot warrant the security of personal data in transmission to us.
Section B: Service Users
INFORMATION WE COLLECT, AND HOW AND WHY WE USE IT:
- Information you provide to us directly. When you register as a user for the Services and/or use the Services, you provide us with certain information that we store. This may include:
- username and password information provided for the Services;
- your name, contact and any other user profile information that you may supply, such as your address, phone number, email address and age;
- payment information provided to use the Services;
- user content (for example, photos, comments, and other materials) that you upload or otherwise post on the Services, and metadata associated with such user content, which may include content creation date, formatting information;
- location information about where the user content was recorded (geotags); and
- communications between you and us.
- Usage information. When you use the Services, we collect and process information generated by your use of the Services, such as:
- recipes, products, preferences, browsing histories, shopping basket, order histories, digital cupboard entries;
- activity in the Mucho applications, time of log-in, what version of the Mucho client you use and similar.
If you access the Services via a handheld device, we also store a number that uniquely identifies the device.
We use this information (i) to tailor and/or personalise the Services to you; (ii) for service improvement purposes; and (iii) for marketing and advertising purposes
Analytics: We may also use internal or third-party analytics tools for our own analytics purposes, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or the Services that assists us in improving the Services. We collect and combine this information with analytics information from other visitors and users so that it is not used to identify any particular individual.
- Log file information. This information may be automatically reported by your browser or device each time you make a request to visit, access or use the Services. When you visit, access or use the Services, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including:
- the time of log-in;
- what version of the Mucho client you may be using;
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
- browser type;
- referring / exit pages and URLs;
- number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
We may also log the Device ID or other unique information for devices used to access the Services. We may also collect similar information from emails we send to you, which helps us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
We use this information to (i) analyse the usage of the Services; (ii) enable more accurate reporting; (iii) improve the Services; and (iv) calculate settlement with the content owners.
- Survey information. If you reply to surveys that we have provided unless otherwise specified the information you provide will be made anonymous and aggregated with the responses of other users and used for the improvement of the Services.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
As well as the specific uses of information described above, we process information to:
- provide the Services to you including account management;
- process payments for use of the Services;
- help you efficiently access your information and features of the Services;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Services;
- provide, improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of our Services;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems; and
- detect, investigate and take all steps necessary to address misuse of the Services.
INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM THIRD PARTIES
- social media networks such as Facebook;
- business partners;
- advertising networks;
- analytics providers.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We will not share your personal data with third parties other than our affiliates except in the following situations:
- when you have given us consent to share such personal data.
This can, for instance, be in relation to Facebook or other third parties. Unless you have otherwise expressly consented, we do not share such personal data with third parties (e.g. advertisers) for marketing purposes, although we may provide such third parties with aggregated, anonymised data collected about you and other users of the Services.
- when necessary for billing purposes
- if you contest or dispute any of our charges
we may share your personal data with your credit card company or financial institution in order to help you try to resolve such dispute.
- when we engage third parties to perform services on our behalf in relation to the Services.
This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction (you expressly consent to our collecting and sharing such information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.)
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
- with third party rights holders, whose content is licensed to us.
The data that Mucho shares with the rights holders is in a de-identified format that does not identify you directly, unless you opt into the sharing of your personal data.
- Cookies: with third party advertising partners in order to
- allow third party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you; and
- deliver targeted emails and other communications to you concerning such advertisers, their products or services and/or Mucho events sponsored or hosted by such advertisers.
We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymised data with other parties.
We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer enables you to be identified and share that aggregated, anonymised information with third parties, which may include demographic data such as how many users constitute a particular age group, general locations of where groups of users reside for purposes of, e.g., determining who may be interested in attending a Mucho event and similar anonymised data.
Outside EEA: Some of our affiliates and/or third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area in countries whose laws may not provide adequate protection for your personal data. Prior to your personal data being shared with such affiliates or third parties (as applicable), .
If you have provided us with your email address or your phone number, we will use this information to communicate with you in matters relevant to the Services. You will not be able to opt out of certain important email communications (e.g., account verification, payment receipts, technical and security notices).
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
, we may provide you with details of our products, services and events which we consider may be of interest to you, including details of retailers, influencers, brands and/or copies of our newsletter. We will not email you information about third party services unless you have expressly stated that you would be interested in receiving such information (although a particular Mucho event may involve third party sponsors). You may unsubscribe from such email communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We use both temporary (“session”) and persistent cookies. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. including, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of users and to see how users move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. , we may also share this information with third parties for this purpose (see above, Sharing information with third parties, section (i)).
You may delete cookies in your browser anytime and you can also block cookies from being placed by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or some parts of our site, and elements of Services may not work for you.
Section C: Suppliers and other business contacts
We collect information on potential and actual suppliers and associates. This is mostly provided by you. We process it so we can contact you, reply to you, and when you contact us again we know what you asked and were asked before, what you were sent, and what you told us.
Typically, we are collecting name, contact details, how we came across you, and background information from you or published by you on social media or freely accessible on the internet.
If you become a supplier or associate we keep a copy of the contract between us and your bank details so we can pay you. We also keep a record of invoices/payments for accounting purposes.
We keep a record of the work you undertook for us along with any comments, reviews or suggestions about that work including complaints (if any) and their resolution.
This information is all needed to manage the contract between us, support our client relationships, and manage our supply chain.
If you’ve any queries, comments, complaints, requests or anything like that about our use or handling of your personal data, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.